1. Which software is used to work in the computer?
2. First language developed to program?
3. C, BASIC, COBOL and JAVA are examples of which language is called?
Answer. high level
4. In which field is the computer language FORTRAN useful?
5. DVD example?
Answer. Optical Disk
6. Teleprocessing and timesharing were used in which generation of computers?
Answer. third generation
7. Restarting an already on computer is called?
Answer. warm booting
8. The computer language used in the Internet is?
9. What is CRAY?
Answer. super computer
10. What is the short form of continuous power supply in computer?
Answer. You . P . s .
11. What are file extensions used for?
Answer. To identify the file type
12. How many ‘function-keys’ are there in the key board?
13. How many types of computers are there?
Answer. two types
14. Which generation computer is microprocessor?
15. The code consisting of lines of different length and width read from the computer is called?
Answer. bar code
16. The common name of modulator-de-modulator is?
17. Is Excel Workbook Collection?
Answer. of worksheet
18. Oracle is?
Answer. database software
19. Pascal is?
Answer. a computer language
20. The point at which data enters or exits the computer?
21. What types of storage devices are used in cell phones?
22. Soft copy is an output, so what is hard copy?
Answer. printed output
23. E.D.P. What is?
Answer. electronic data processing
24. The words that the programming language has set aside for its own use?
Answer. reserved words
25. A group of interrelated records is called?
26. What is the process of dividing a disk into tracks and sectors?
27. The world’s first computer network is considered to be?
28. What resides in the motherboard that connects the CPU to other parts on the motherboard?
Answer. system bus
29. The operating system called Unix is specially used for?
Answer. in web servers
30. The extension of Excel spreadsheet is
31. RAM is volatile memory because
Answer. It requires continuous power supply to retain data.
32. What are the two parts of an e-mail address?
Answer. Username and domain name
33. Which printer prints one letter in one stroke?
Answer. stopper matrix printer
34. If your computer keeps rebooting itself then chances are that?
Answer. it has viruses
35. What is the name of that network topology? in which each possible node has bidirectional links?
36. First language developed to program
37. What is the default file extension of word document?
38. The first computer virus to appear in India is?
39. The circuit board which contains CPU and other chips is called?
40. Junk e-mail is called?
41. The word CAD is related to what in computer?
Answer. by design
42. A.L.U. What is the full name of?
Answer. Arithmetic Logic Unit
43. What is Google?
Answer. search engine
44. The language which a computer understands without a translation program is called?
Answer. machine language
45. Point and draw device is called?
Answer. to mouse
46. Linux is an example?
Answer. of open source software
47. Trackball is an example of
Answer. pointing device
48. Thin plate or board having electronic components is called
Answer. Circuit board
49. Which printer prints letters by stroke?
Answer. stopper matrix printer
50. Which software controls the computer hardware?